Okay, this is a cool update. Mainly because it fixed a couple bugs that not only bit me with some regularity, but I know they bit others because I have the bug reports to prove it!
I also added a way to view multiple art assets inside a folder — makes it easier to find what you’re looking for.
Now you have the ability to hide the cursor when you start typing. It’s a little thing, but it ALWAYS bugs me when the big ol’ arrow is sitting right on top of what I’m typing. 🙂
For people who use non-US keyboards and go through struggles to type the [ and ] keys, Outlaw now has rudimentary key remapping. Nothing fancy with modifier keys (at this point), but, for example, you can easily remap the caret ^ to [ and probably not miss the caret at all. What about the ] key? You could remap that one, too, or just go into Prefs>Editor and check the box next to Automatically close brackets and you’re all set. Type the ^ and it remaps to [ and then automatically puts in the ] key as well.
Also, drag an image from the project tree into your source code, just to see what happens. Another little time-saver.
Changes in v3.0.14 of Outlaw
- Use remap newKey=oldKey, newKey=oldKey in Prefs>Advanced for basic key remapping.
- Use hidecursor true in Prefs>Advanced to hide the cursor when typing.
- Added multi-image viewer in Preview pane – view folders full of graphics.
- Drag image from multi-image viewer into project or asset folder in project.
- Changed properties pane to use XML templates picked up from DataFolder.
- Cleaning up temp files now ditches folders, too.
- Pulled out Sparkle framework.
- Fixed problem with dropping assets on lower 250pixels of tree.
- Fixed bug that caused crash upon closing Prefs when non-editor pane was open.
- Fix bug that happened when closing code tabs that appeared after Preview tab.